December 2013 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I’ve been nominated!!! Click and VOTE!
I LOVE comments!!!!
- In case yesterday's post got lost in your feed. In the surf...@Hopeful Parents. hopefulparents.org/2012/09/in-sur… #autism #surfershealing 1 year ago
- RT @hollyrpeete: Joplin Tornado: Maddox Prier, Boy w Autism, Saved Family & Said 'I Love You' 1st time huff.to/KaNtTr via @Huf ... 1 year ago
- To those who thumb their noses at social media, I give you this, written so perfectly by @Trydefyinggravity... trydefyinggravity.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/joi… 1 year ago
- #WoundedWarriors Denied #Autism Treatments for Their Children youtu.be/AhSEYoMOIOg 23,000 #military kids not getting recommended care #CMKAA 1 year ago
- #youmightbeanautismparentif you offer chioces in a field of 2-4 to everyone you talk to. "Would u like 2 _____ or _______?" 1 year ago
Facebook PageVisit us on Facebook!
Red Shoes, Autism Blues
Musings1 in 88 30 days to autism awareness ADA advocacy Americans with Disabilities Act autism autism awareness autism discrimination autism spectrum autistic behaviors autistic children behavior Boycott Monkey Joe's brothers Diary of a Mom digging Discrimination epiphany fear frustration growing up growth Happy Birthday home hope Hopeful Parents husband ignorance inflatables inspiration intelligence IPad iPod It-Starts With-Me Judment-free zone Light it Up Blue Light the White House Blue looks love lyme disease lyme meningitis meltdown metaphor Monkey Joe's Monkey Joe's Danvers Monkey Joe's Location Monkey Joe's Reviews moving parenting parenting a child with autism PICC line playtime poetry progress protected play protective factors proud mama resiliency sadness sensory processing disorder sensory seeking sibling advocates siblings siblings of children with autism singing sister sleep speech support thank you ticks travel World Autism Awareness Day worry writing
Tag Archives: World Autism Awareness Day
Last week my mother called me from Toys R Us for clarification on the size bicycle that Jonas needed. Little Jonas (who is not so little, but rather really big) had long ago outgrown his age-appropriate bicycle, so I had … Continue reading
Yesterday, a very good friend, and former teaching colleague of mine, beautiful Mrs. Karen, brought a box full of blue sweets and a letter to the weekly staff luncheon at a particularly amazing charter school in Southern California where I … Continue reading
A few days ago, I wrote about what Autism Awareness means to me. I wrote: To me, awareness is a picture. It’s a montage of snapshots and video clips from the small moments that make up the life of a … Continue reading
Dear Mr. President, I write to you today because I am disappointed. Disappointed. *deep breath* In you. That’s very hard for me to say because I have always been a strong supporter of you and the promise you instilled in this … Continue reading
Editor’s Note: For some reason I am unable to link 2 videos properly to this post. Please be sure that you click the link for the first video and watch the second! :) *********************** So today, my little angel was … Continue reading
The blank screen sits before me, glowing brightly, almost taunting me. Neener, neener, neener. You’ve got nothing. Not true. So, not true. A low blow. A cheap shot. Very cheap indeed. I am however, searching a bit. I’m searching for … Continue reading
Dear Friends, Neighbors, Colleagues, and Strangers, This year on April 2nd, our entire global community will be observing World Autism Awareness Day. The United Nations first proclaimed this day in 2007, as the rates at which autism was being diagnosed … Continue reading